Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Hold Your Angels Close

With less than a week to go, Mav and I are busily sorting out stories and building the compilation. What a great selection of stories we have again this year, from a variety of fandoms and genres! All of the authors who have so generously donated their time and talents can never repaid, and I'm still tickled pink that I was able to bring them together for such a worthwhile cause.

Donations are STILL open, and we are still $250 shy of what we raised last year. I received a message with a donation over the weekend that had me in tears.The donor asked to remain anonymous, but agreed to let me share the message and the reason why they donated.

I felt so helpless after the things I have seen this past week. No memorial funds had been established, and turning on my porch light seemed like such a trivial thing. I don't have much to give, but in memory of each of the twenty angels who won't celebrate Christmas, I wanted to make a donation for those who still can. If you have children, I hope you've held them tight and remind them daily how much you love them. 

Thank you still seems inadequate, but its all I have. 


 


 

3 comments:

  1. I'll back up your thank you and throw in a virtual hug to everyone who has spared their extra change. Every little bit counts. Children are so special because they are simple creatures, it really doesn't take much more than a small gesture of kindness to say you care and put a twinkle in their eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much, Rach, for all of your support. You are definitely one of the angels that walk amongst us.

    ReplyDelete