Thursday, December 6, 2012

Admin Fail, Reminders, and Shameless Pleas

So, this is me, publicly admitting to admin fail!

Let me take care of business, first -

I have been so busy with real life stuff that I COMPLETELY missed the deadline for banner/summary submissions. So, while I go throw myself on my sword for my failure to send out reminders, I'm going to extend the banner submission deadline to Sunday, December 10th, 2012 at 11:59 EST.

ALL AUTHORS: if you want your summary and banner on the blog, find your favorite banner maker and beg them for their help! Banners for Causes has affiliated with us again this year, so check out their link on the information page. Also, those who are on Facebook - there is an Adoptable Banners group where there are not only a wealth of pre-made banners available for adoption, there are also many banner makers willing to help you bring your story to life. Just tossing a couple options out there for you all.


Now - on to the fun stuff!


Do you know we have over 40 authors who have signed on for this year's compilation? I am even STILL, as recently as early this morning, getting sign-up information! You guys are all awesome - so incredibly wonderful - to donate your time and talent to this worthy cause.

So, on to the rest - this is my shameless plea for donations. We have a long way to go to a rather modest goal of $1500. The only reward all these authors receive for their time in writing these submissions is the satisfaction of knowing that they have, in some small way, helped children in need. Lets not make their efforts in vain! A $5 donation - one cup of Starbucks (and a small one at that!) is all it takes to receive the compilation and make a difference in a child's life.  Make yours today!





No comments:

Post a Comment