Saturday, December 24, 2011

Christmas Angels Everywhere

*Plops down on sofa, opens laptop, checks email, FAINTS*

Now that I've recovered-- I'm shocked, amazed, overwhelmed, ecstatic --- and I'm running out of good verbs.

In the 24 hours since my last post, we've received an additional $100 in donations!  I wish everyone in the world truly understood the heart of this fandom. You are all so amazing.

While taking care of last minute things around my home yesterday, I heard news reports about people who destroyed stores, looking to purchase a new pair of sneakers that were selling for $180!!  People were shot at, knifed, and trampled on in search of the new Air Jordans. I sat here flabbergasted at the sheer ridiculousness of it, and wondered why so many people just don't get it. 

Yet, day after day, I have logged in to see you all demonstrate something so many have forgotten. It's not about what you get, its about what you give, where your heart is.

You have shown, in the immortal words of Dr. Suess:

It came without ribbons.
It came without tags.
It came without packages, boxes, or bags.
Then the Grinch thought of something he hadn't before.
"Maybe Christmas doesn't come from a store. Maybe Christmas..."
He thought,"...means a little bit more."

Thank you all for showing that the HEART of Christmas is that something more. 


No comments:

Post a Comment