Sunday, November 10, 2013

Blog Updates, Looming Deadlines, and Donations Needed



I hope this post finds everyone well and gearing up for their holidays!

We are one month out from the deadline for banner and summary submissions, so authors mark your calendars and be sure to get them in on time.

We have only had a few donations, but I am hoping, now that back-to-school and Halloween have passed, that everyone is settling into their Christmas spirit and we will start seeing the donations coming in. Everyone has always been so supportive of this cause, and the children it helps, and I have every confidence you all will be again.

Author signups are stilll open, and will be accepted right up until December 10th, when banners and submissions are due. I see many familiar names on the list, as well as a few new ones- and I know of a couple who haven't sent their information in yet  - y'all can expect an email or a Facebook message from me later ;).

If you haven't made a donation yet, I hope you will soon. The authors who donate their time to write these submissions, and the artists who design their banners, do so from the depths of their hearts, out of a love for children. Please show them the support their efforts deserve. All donations are made directly to Toys for Tots and benefit children who otherwise wouldn't experience the joy of a visit from Santa Claus on Christmas morning. For them, I hope you can find it in your hearts to open your wallets.

Until next time, may the Spirit of the season surround you and yours ~ 

No comments:

Post a Comment